The Archdiocese of Caceres through the Caceres Commission on Communications (CCCom) will officially launch the 3rd Peñafrancia Short Film Festival. Themed “Living the Faith, Empowering the Poor,” this year’s Film Festival brings to light two things: to celebrate the Year of the Poor and to deepen the Christian.
After two successful festivals, the talents of Bicolano artists and filmmakers had shown brightly. Winners of this year’s festival will again receive P100,000 pesos, P75,000, and P50,000 for the Best Film and runners up. There will also be People’s Choice award of P25,000 that will be determined from the votes of the viewers in various screening venues.
Fr. Luisito Occiano, TPSFF Project Director, said that there is an additional category for students this year. The students will come up with a 30-1minute video plug on voters education. Winning entries will be used in our preparation for next year’s national election.
Below is the general guidelines for this years’ Peñafrancia Short Film festival:
Contestants should read the following rules, terms, and conditions before submitting their entry:
- The contest is open to all non-professional and professional short film makers.
- Participants may submit no more than one original video. Participants should submit a letter of intent with the film synopsis, and pay the registration fee of Php 2, 500.00 on or before June 1, 2015.
- Entries must be original compositions, filmed by the producer, and should not infringe on the copyrights of any other parties. Any video suspected to be in violation of the rules will be rejected immediately from the competition.
- Primarily considering this Year’s Theme: “Living in Faith, Empowering the Poor.” The short film must also highlight 2015 as the celebration of the Year of the Poor and the essence of devotion to Our Lady:
a. By courageously portraying positive Christian values;
b. Promoting deep faith to God; and
c. Inculcating Filipino/Bicolano culture and identity, particularly the love and service to the poor.
- Entries containing immoral, defamatory, obscene or scandalous content, or any similar content which, in the discretion of organizer, is not in keeping with the accepted culture of Bicolanos, will be deemed ineligible.
- The videos may have multiple co-producers, but only one should be listed as the primary contact once entry is admitted.
- The video/ entry:
a) Should not exceed more than 30 minutes in length including credits; with closing credits must be editable for the organizers;
b) Should also have an additional 30-60 seconds trailer for the promotional plug;
c. Medium should be either in Bicol or Tagalog
c) Should be in full HD, MPEG4, H264/MP4, or DVD (NTSC) formats;
d) should be submitted in three disks:
d.1) one with English subtitle
d.2) one without subtitle
d.3) one in digital file format.
Nb: Those who want to shoot a Peñafrancia procession scene, you are welcome to do it on May 18, 2015, 5:00pm during the procession from Basilica Minore to Naga City. People’s Mall and on May 22, 2015, 5:00pm during the Fluvial Procession.
- The contest organizers, judges and their immediate family are not eligible to join the contest.
- Entries must be submitted at the CCCom Office at the Holy Rosary Minor Seminary with a synopsis of the entry.
- The Top THREE (3) WINNING entries which will be chosen will automatically belong to the organizers. A festival DVD will be produced for distribution. The film trailers will also be uploaded in social media sites. However, the top three film winners can still join other short film festivals upon the permission of the PSFF Executive Committee.
- The deadline of the submission of entries is on July 18, 2015 at 5:00pm.
- The chosen five (5) video entries will have its screenings in different venues and/or movie theaters; the premiere showing and awards night for the 3rd PSFF will be on September 5, 2015 at a venue to be determined later.
- All entrants are enjoined to attend the Caceres Acting & Directing Workshop Seminar which will be given by the organizers on May 16-17, 2015 to be held at the Holy Minor Seminary, Naga City. The registration fee is Php 1,500.00.
- All entries will be formally presented on July 25, 2015 with their 30-sec. teasers. Film directors will also give a brief description/ synopsis of their film before the media/public
- The top 5 finalists, which will be determined and announced on the 1st week of August 2015, will join the 3rd PSFF Motorcade around Naga City during the start of the Peñafrancia Week on September 2015.
- Campus and parish showing will be from August 2-September 3, 2015 to determine the People’s Choice Award.
- The guidelines for the Awards Night and Premiere showing will be determined later.
* * *
Special Student Category: Election Plug (Voters’ Education)
This is open to all students enrolled in schools and universities of Bicol Region. Participants should submit a registration form together with the registration fee of Php 500.00 on or before May 15, 2015.
Based on the theme above, entries will focus on voters’ education plug which will be used for the upcoming 2016 Election. It should have a 30 sec-2 min duration.
The entry can either be in Tagalog ore Bicol language.
For other details for this category, such as format and timeline, the above official rules also apply.
The winning entry will be the official plug of the Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV).