This is to inform your Reverences that the Philippine Bible Society will be celebrating the 115th year of its existence with its compelling mission of “Making the Bible Known” and its vision of “A Transformed Philippines through God’s Word.” Coinciding with this celebration is the 100th year of Bicol Bible translation. The Archdiocese of Caceres is proud and honored to be the host diocese and venue of the two day- celebration on November 25-26, 2014 commemorating the aforementioned events. I am exhorting everyone to participate by sending one or two representative from your parish/congregation/schools. Please be guided by the schedule of activities below.
- WHEN: Nov. 25, 2014, Tuesday, 1:00-5:00 pm
- WHAT: BRIMS (Bible Relevance in Modern Times Seminar). A Seminar on Dei
Verbum of Vatican II and Verbum Domini
- WHERE: Holy Rosary Major Seminary, Sancti Marci Aula
- WHO: Dr. Nati Pagadut, Executive Secretary of ECBA (Episcopal Commission
on Bibilical Apostolate). There is a registration fee of P200 inclusive of
merienda, MTBO Bible and kit.
The culminating whole-day activity on Nov. 26, 2014, Wednesday, at the Universidad de Sta. Isabel Auditorium, is an ecumenical celebration to be participated by ecclesiatical, civil dignitaries and various representatives. This is free, no registration fee required. Please be guided by the programme below.
- National Anthem
- Opening Prayer – Vice Governor Fortunato Pena
- Bible Enthronemen t – Most Rev. Arturo Bastes, SVD, DD
- Intermission – Cultural Presentation- Kultura Camerata
- Opening Remarks – Dr. Nora Lucero
- Video (History) – c/o Dr. Edgar Ebojo
- Remarks/Message – Archbishop Rolando Octavus J. Tria Tirona, OCD, DD
- Bible Chorale – Violin Orchestra
- Remarks/Message – Chief Justice Reynato Puno (Ret.)
- Recognition of Bicol Bible Translators
- Dedication of Bicol Scriptures – Church Leaders
- Acceptance – Gov. Miguel Villafuerte and Mayor John Bongat
- Closing Remarks – Bishop Efraim Tendero or Bishop Noel Pantoja
- Ecumenical Closing Prayer -Doxology
Emcee: Rev. Fr. Philip Bersabe and Ms. Chusie Aguilar
Program Director: Mr. Raymond Francisco
I enjoin all of you to support this biblical endeavor by praying for its success and by participating in the said activities. I extend my congratulations and blessings to the Philippine Bible Society, our ecumenical partner in the spreading of the Word of God, the Bicol Bible translators, both living and dead and to the organizers as a whole.
“The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of God will stand forever.” (Isaiah 40:8).
Given at our Chancery Office, Pilgrim City of Naga, Republic of the Philippines, this 17th day of November, in the year of our Lord, 2014.
+ROLANDO J. TRIA TIRONA, O.C.D., D.D.
Archbishop of Caceres