MOST REV. ROLANDO OCTAVUS JOVEN TRIA TIRONA, OCD, D.D.
Born in Kawit, Cavite, July 22, 1946 , is a prelate of the Roman Catholic Church in the Philippines. He is the current Archbishop of Caceres in Camarines Sur, Philippines. He was appointed to succeed Archbishop Leonardo Legaspi of Caceres.
Sacerdotal Ordination: April 21, 1974 – Rome
Episcopal Ordination: December 29, 1994 – Manila Cathedral
Tirona finished his elementary and secondary education at Centro Escolar University in 1952 and 1958. He completed a degree in political science at San Beda College before he entered San Carlos Seminary in Makati to finish philosophy in 1968. He was appointed apostolic administrator of Malolos on January 1996 and installed Bishop of Malolos on January 28, 1997. He was named Bishop of Infanta on June 28, 2003, and was installed on August 27, 2003, at the Prelature of Infanta in Quezon province.
- Centro Escolar University Manila, 1952-1958 High School
- Centro Escolar University Manila, 1958-1962
- Political Science San Beda College Manila, 1962-1965
- Philosophy San Carlos Seminary Makati, 1968
- Mt. Carmel Carmelite Monastery Haifa, Israel, 1969-1970
- Collegio Internazionale Carmelitani Scalzi “Teresianum”, Rome, 1970-1974
- Licentiate in Sacred Theology (STL) Institutio di Spiritualita Rome, 1975
- 1976- Member, Formation Team, Carmelite Seminary, Tugbok, Davao City
- 1976-1978- Novice Director, Carmelite Fathers Novitiate, Davao City
- 1978- Member, Parish Team, Mt. Carmel Shrine Parish, New Manila
- 1978-1980- Parish Team Member, Carmelite Shrine Parish, New Manila
Postulant Director, Carmelite Seminary, Davao City
Professor, Formation Institute for Religious, Davao City
Teaching Staff, Summer Institute of Spirituality, MOL, Novaliches
Staff, Summer Spirituality Seminar, Davao City
Spiritual Director, St. Francis College Seminary, Davao City
Parish Priest, Mt. Carmel Shrine Parish, New Manila
Superior, Carmelite Community, New Manila
OCD Provincial Councilor
- 1981-1986- Parish Priest, Carmelite Shrine Parish, New Manila
Parish Team, St. Anthony Parish, Casiguran, Aurora Province
Professor, CCD, Quezon City District
- 1986- Staff, BCC-CO Luzon
- 1986-1990- Rector, Carmelite Scholasticate, Monastery of St. John of the Cross, New Manila
OCD Provincial Councilor
Rector, St. John of the Cross Seminary, New Manila
- 1988- Professor, Mary Hill School of Theology
- 1989- Religious Assistant to the Carmelite Nuns
- 1990-1992- Parish Priest, Carmelite Shrine Parish, New Manila
- 1992-1994- Provincial Superior
Archbishop of Caceres
On September 8, 2012, Pope Benedict XVI elevated Tirona to Archbishop of Caceres, replacing the retiring Leonardo Legaspi.
The Archdiocese of Cáceres is a Metropolitan See that comprises the Bicol region, while directly overseeing the third, fourth and fifth congressional districts of Camarines Sur. The Archdiocese, having been founded in 1595 in the Royal City of Nueva Caceres (now Naga City), is considered one of the oldest in the Philippines with Cebu, Segovia and Manila, and once had jurisdiction that stretched from Samar in the south to Isabela Province in the north. The seat of the Archdiocese is in Naga City, also known as the Queen City of Bicol.